LUIS R. MENDOZA - ONLINE RÉSUMÉ
From: San Juan, Puerto Rico. Moved to California in 1987
Military Service: U.S. Navy - 1987 - 1991 - Honorably Discharged
Education: Bachelor of Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Experience / Business Background
Business & Technology Consulting: Provide business and technology consulting services to small businesses and organizations. These services include website development, Wireless (WiFi) networks, network security and data backup, Linux/Unix/Windows systems administration, search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, and online (and print) advertising and marketing.
Seminars & Workshops: Provide seminars and workshops with different organizations, including: Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Alameda County, the Small Business Administration, Women's Initiative for Self Employment, Anewamerica, Berlitz Cultural Consulting, and the San Francisco Small Business Development Center, among others. The topics of the seminars include: Motivational and positive thinking concepts for entrepreneurs; social media marketing; information technology for small businesses; international trade between the U.S. and Latin America; conducting business with the Hispanic community. Certification: Certified Business Advisor, Northern California Small Business Development Center.
Corporate Experience: Worked at Corsair Communications (Lightbridge) from 1996 to 2002. Positions included System Administrator, Project Manager, and Account Manager for Latin America. Traveled extensively throughout Latin America working on several large, complex projects (in the Wirless telecommunication industry) in countries such as Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina, México, Brazil, Costa Rica, Perú, Paraguay, and Ecuador among others.
- 1987 - 1991: U.S. Navy
- 1991 - 1993: Southwest Airlines
- 1993 - 1994: Bay Area Computers - 130 Sansome St., San Francisco, CA 94104. Computer sales to include custom system design, preparation of quotes, installation of systems, and customer support.
- 1996 - 2002: Corsair Communications (acquired by Lightbridge, Inc. in 2001): Provides real-time software solutions to the global wireless telecommunications market. 1996 to 1998: Systems administrator. 1998 to 2000: Project manager; 2000 to 2002: Account manager for Latin America.
- 2005 - 2008: El Mensajero newspaper. Responsible for Website design, maintenance, and news content. Also worked as an advertising account manager from 2006 to 2008.
- 1997 to 2009: Latin American Business Link. During the time I operated Latin American Business Link I focused on establishing business relationships with small companies based in Latin American countries. Some of the activities I was involved with included the exports of computer systems to Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and Chile. I also traveled to Latin American countries to deliver small business seminars focused on establishing trade relationships. In addition I collaborated with San Francisco Bay Area organizations as an international trade consultant and business adviser. Some of those organizations included the Bay Area World Trade Center, the San Francisco Small Business Administration, and the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Alameda County.
- 2002 to Present: Small business consultant: Website development, online marketing, advertising, seminars.
Luis and I worked together on a project to represent US companies in Argentina. He's a real expert on doing business in Latin America and took the lead on assembling a great team to carry the project forward. One of his special skills is being able to act as the bridge between Latin American and US business cultures. I recommend Luis for those searching for a marketing expert on Latin America.
Co-Founder at Community Vitalization Council
Luis was a real pleasure to work with at Corsair (later Lightbridge). One of the things I admired the most about his work was his dedication to always giving his absolute best to any project – no matter how large or small. His care for each individual coupled with his depth of understanding of both the U.S. and Latin American markets make him both an outstanding professional and a delightful person to know.
Wireless Industry Professional